8-Bitch5: EvilOnTheAttack 8-Bitch5: EvilOnTheAttack

Good graphics, bad satire

In using insanely horrible sound recording throughout the whole movie you've actually created something worse than what you're poking fun at.

I didn't find particularly humorous, and about as much fun as listening to someone drag their fingernails down a blackboard for 6 minutes. The graphics are nice though.

Death Knight Parts 1 & 2 Death Knight Parts 1 & 2

Excellent!

That was really funny.
I especially liked the especially slow and dyslexic demon master.

The voices were good but overwhelmingly Irish, while I liked the voice you did for Harry the accent is kind of strange on a Death Knight. You should get a few more people to help you out with vocals.

A Grave in the Desert A Grave in the Desert

Different!

Very well animated with an emotional and well told story. It was a great setting and both the main characters look great.

I don't think the music really suited it though, it wasn't terrible but something a bit less mellow may have increased the drama.

Also minor things like the tears falling on the broken doll looking a bit weird. Hope this makes front page: you deserve it!

Lady-Entropy responds:

heh...yeah, its too bad this took me so long to animate...you get things like two completely different styles in one movie. Hopefully my next one will have better, more consistent symbols. :) Thanks for the good wishes. :D

Virus of Desire Virus of Desire

Interesting

Obviously a lot of effort went into this, the way you told the story was excellent. I think the most distinguishing part of this film is the direction, plus the fact you've kept with it and created a fairly long, complete story in one animation.

It was interesting that a story filled with such horrible characters (Murderer/computer admin from hell, feeling-less cyber lady, adulterers) worked so well.

As people have said: the graphics weren't great, but keep drawing and I'm sure you'll find a style that works.

The music you chose was well suited, the sound effects were fine too.

The robot voice was suited to this film but I get the impression you would do a lot better if you had some voice talent at your disposable.

Keep up the great work!

Detective Bergsma pt1 Detective Bergsma pt1

Looking forward to the full version.

Not sure why but I found that really funny.
The voice acting and characters are great (they each seem to have their own quirks which works well.)

I think if you could get somebody to do the graphics for you it would rock.

The plot seemed a bit non existant too, that might just be because its missing 5 scenes though.

Kool-kev51 responds:

Thanx for the complements, I know I can't draw, but I graphics aren't everything. The movie might take a while to complete because I'm a busy guy. But I'll try to finish ASAP

The Great Eggscape The Great Eggscape

Eggcelent work.

That was really good, a great idea.
The movie was satisfyingly long and the animation was really great (up the FPS and it would be awesome.)

The graphics could be improved a bit, maybe more detailed eyes and some outlines or something.

TheDevilsJoker responds:

Yep, the 2nd movie will be 16 fps rather than 12fps. So more action compressed time and smoother.....sweet happyness...

Armageggon Armageggon

Hehe

Very good, it would of been funny if a giant chick burst out of the egg right at the end.

The Godson The Godson

Excellent..

Great movie.

The Good:
- Great artwork, especially the first shot of the house (you draw amazing city scapes) and the close ups of the characters.
- Fantastic voice acting, hats off to Lucien Dodge (although when the Godfather started yelling he sounded a bit too young.)
- The flashback scene was very nicely done.
- Seeing the gun behind the Godson's back and realising he was there to kill the old man was a nice twist.

The Bad:
- Although the art, voices, story and your eye for setting up a scene are great the script could of used a little tuning up. The things that the characters were implying seemed acceptable: however the way they were saying them just seemed wrong. Its a credit to the voice acting that it still managed to sound reasonable.
- I was kind of hoping the Godson would be killed at the end, the fact thats hes so brash and quick tempered gave me the impression that was where you were going with the movie.
- The Godfather himself seems a little bit too stupid to be the head of a successful gangster family. He invites his crazy Godson over after hearing hes killed a man (because he was a "thorn in the eye" or whatever) and doesn't bother to check him for weapons. Also since when does killing one of your own family make you the head of it?

SAR. in DrBo:Ep2 - Teaser SAR. in DrBo:Ep2 - Teaser

High expectations...

I'm really looking forward to this (voices!)...

Don't forget the gags about defusing the bomb at the last second, insanely over complicated super villain killing machines (the fire burns through the rope which unleashes the gerbils which chew through the juicy ripened grapefruit..) and side-kicks that have one purpose: to die before the end credits!

My only negative comment is that the music didn't really go with the secret agent theme (sorry!)

SecretAgentRege responds:

Haha, nearly all of those gags will be in the series, but not until the third episode (d'oh!). This one is kind of a mid-point between the first and last episodes. I wanted to only have two episodes, but it is quit apparent thatm due to file size restrictions, i will have to make a third one to complete the story.

And you are certainly right about the music--it doesn't lend itself for a spy genre, but, I do think it works to "pump" the viewer up for the sequel.

thanks again for the review!

Tomorrow's Nobodies Ep.1 Tomorrow's Nobodies Ep.1

Cool :)

Really enjoyed this.

Great graphics, funny jokes.

It needed some music though, im not sure if your leaving it out because you want it to be totally your own work or something but a theme tune and some background music would make this far better: and its already great.